Friday, March 28, 2014

LIPSTICKS

Since I've been studying and obsessing over makeup, I have always been obsessed with lips. I find that the lips are the significant part of the artistic segment of the canvas and also brings a very distinctive look. Many times when I see girls testing different lipsticks on, I see the transformation they indulge in by just changing the colour of the lips. They can go from the natural look to a dramatic look to an even subtle look to very bright, futuristic look and it all depends on the lips (and the eyes) as well.

Sadly for me, I don't have the confidence to apply lipstick at the moment, maybe things will change as I continue my studies with makeup and beauty, but not now. I wanted to make a list of some of my fave lip colours at the moment. It's spring now (well it is suppose to be) and now it's time to be rocking very nice bright colours and pinkish shades/neutral and opaque pinks. Despite the season, I find that any type of lipstick can be worn, it all just depends on the look you want to go for. I would hate for girls to use the season as an excuse for the reason they can't wear a lip colour. OH PLEASE!!!!!

1. Double Shot by MAC: Double Shot by MAC is a recent purchase I got for my best friends and it looked absolutely amazing on them. Double Shot is a neutral brown with a hint of rose and mauve. The texture of the lipstick is very nice and creamy which I love about lipsticks. I must say that this is wonderful for dark skin girls, the colour shows amazingly. It has an amplified finish. This type of shade is great to wear with bold eyes (smokey eye for example) because it doesn't add to much drama.

2. Media by MAC: LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick. Media by MAC is a very matte deep, dark red. On my friend, we tried it with a lipstain and it worked wonderfully...sadly I can't remember the lipstain we used, but it was a wonderful combination. I love this lipstick because I'm such a fan of bold lips. On lighter skin tones, this would just be amazing. But this colour actually suits anyone to be fair.

3. Stupid Love by Melt Cosmetics: Melt Cosmetics is a brand I've found out via instagram and literally I'm in love with their lipsticks because their colours are so unique and bright. Every shade I have ever fantasized about is existent in this brand. Why I love the lipsticks from Melt Cosmetics is because they don't lie when it comes to the colour. Many lipsticks may seem to be a certain colour and once you swash it onto your hands, it's an opposite shade. But with Melt Cosmetics, they are highly pigmented and just super bright giving you that dramatic colour you are in desire for. I have never used Stupid Love before, I've only seen it on makeup looks and admired the shade. So I did a bit of research about it & discovered that the texture of the lipstick is very dry which is a downfall, but the bright colour compensates for that anyways. Candy Yum Yum by MAC is a similar color.

4.Darling by Melt Cosmetics: Darling is such a sultry, peachy colour that it is so addicting to look at. I am completely obsessed with this lipstick.

5. Wet N Wild Cherry Bomb: Saw this lipstick on a tutorial by Jenny Jenkins (beautybyjj) and was obsessed with this colour. It's like a deep dark wine red and the colour has a lovely level of pigmentation. Wet N Wild have so many amazing lipsticks and I love it because they are more on the cheaper end.

6. Cyber by MAC: One of my all-time favourite lipsticks by MAC. This lipstick is just amazing and the colour suits all skin tones from light to dark. Of course they look different on each skin tone, but it leaves such a lovely finish and looks lovely regardless. I feel like deep purple colours/bold dark colours are such a struggle for girls to wear only because it gives such a transformation and can be very dramatic and take you out of your comfort zone a bit. Maybe because I'm different and not very shy of expressing myself, but I find that this is one of the lipsticks girls don't want to wear because it is very strong. Nevertheless, I swear that it can give such a dramatic taste to every look. I would combine it with neutral eye shadows only because this is a lipstick that gives so much attention specifically to the lips. Perfect shade for Autumn/Winter.

Lipsticks are just such an amazing ingredient to every makeup look and it is the most necessary and important following shadows. I also find that it isn't much effort needed in terms of application and also a certain level of confidence must be possessed in order to rock it fabulously.

No comments:

Post a Comment