Wednesday, March 12, 2014

RIP Daddy

It has been 7 years since my father left me all by myself in this world & even after 7 years, the fact that I no longer have my dad by me is something I am struggling to accept. I must express how much I miss my dad & I wish I was able to have spent so much more time with him before he set off from this world.

My life has been such a roller coaster and having to cope without no parents has been a challenge, though it has also been a growing experience. There are so many things I wish I could share with my mum and dad right now, I want them to know how I've changed, what I'm doing and I wish I could lean on their shoulders in some of the hardest parts of my life. The motivation in me keeps me strong and because I have set a goal for myself to make my parents proud just emphasizes my destiny and why I am alive. I know I make some stupid decisions and I live a lifestyle they will not be proud of, however I overwhelmingly cherish my parents so much and love them with all my heart.

Memories are such a valuable thing and in my mind, I continue to retract to the beautiful moments I shared with them. I still remember my dad clutching to his 6 mobile phones as if they were his kids. Friends would always say, "how are your children?" in reference to his phones. And don't get me started with my mother who was known for loving everything that had shimmer and glitter. Ahhh!!! I'm so blessed to have had the parents I had and though they were in my life for just a limited amount of time, I know that they are still with me in spirit and looking down on me pouring their blesses upon me and because of them surrounding me, I shall have the power to make all my dreams come true.

My message to everyone out there is to cherish your loved ones, look at them and tell them how much you love them. Spend every moment you are able to with them, maybe hang out in the city or eat out at a good restaurant or just sit at home and watch TV. Love is priceless. It doesn't cost anything but the audacity to make that effort to cherish your loved ones because there is no saying when they will just vanish from the earth - I can say from experience.

RIP Daddy and tomorrow is your birthday
.... and all I want you to know is how much I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment